Pets will always shed. And as long as they live indoors, pet parents will need ways to reduce pet hair. The Furminator is seen as the gold standard for pet hair control. Nothing else comes close to matching the effectiveness of this deShedding tool — which provides the right solution for every shape, size, and type of pet.
The concept behind the Furminator is the more hair you remove from your pet, the less hair you need to remove from your couch, clothes, floors, car and home. Typical dog grooming products do not address the underlying problem: your dog’s undercoat. The patented Furminator was developed to remove the undercoat and loose hair quickly & easily without cutting or damaging the topcoat or your dog’s delicate skin. Works much better than a traditional dog brush — guaranteed.
Designed to make grooming pets faster and easier, the stainless steel edge reaches deep beneath your dog’s long topcoat to safely remove undercoat and loose hair, this product has been very popular among dog owners, US pet owners spend over $50 billion a year on dog products and this is definitely part of it. The Fur Ejector Button cleans and removes loose hair from the tool. The ergonomic handle makes deShedding your dog a comfortable & easy process.
By reducing shedding up to 90%, the Furminator enables you to share your home with your dog, without surrendering it to his hair. The Furminator eliminates the frustration associated with shedding, while keeping your dog’s coat healthy and beautiful. If your dog sheds a lot, you (and your dog) will love this tool.
Furminator Usage Tips
- Use the Furminator 1-2 times a week for 10 to 20 minutes each session. Actual time will vary, depending on the breed of your pet and the condition of your dog’s coat. You may need to use the Furminator more frequently during heavy shedding seasons.
- For best results, use immediately after washing and drying your dog’s coat. Use only on a completely dry coat.
- Use it like a dog brush by gently stroking across your dog’s coat in the direction of hair growth, and angling the stainless steel teeth of the deShedding edge toward your dog’s coat. Start from the dog’s head and work your way back, using extra care near your dog’s stomach, legs, genitals and anus.
- Avoid making excessive strokes in a single area. Use long, gentle strokes up and away from your pet’s skin instead. Deep or rough brushing can cause your dog’s skin to become red and irritated, so do not apply too much weight or downward pressure as you’re using the Furminator.
- Remove excess hair from the teeth of the Furminator as you work by pushing the Fur Ejector Button.
- This unique deShedding tool removes a high volume of loose hair and undercoat, so for convenient cleanup, choose a location that is easy to vacuum or sweep — such as a tile floor indoors or outside.
Furminator Sizing Guide
Not all dogs were created equal. That’s why the Furminator is the best choice when it comes to deShedding solutions. Simply select the tool that matches your dog’s body size (XSmall through Giant) then select either the short hair or long hair edge for a truly customized grooming experience. Matching each dog to the ideal tool significantly enhances deShedding results.
- Long Hair Furminator deShedding Tool is specially designed for dogs with hair longer than 2 inches.
- Short Hair Furminator deShedding Tool is specially designed for dogs with hair shorter than 2 inches.