If you’ve ever seen a dog suffering from lots of flea bites, then you have an idea of how uncomfortable your dog will become if you don’t treat the fleas on your dog right away.
Plus, if your dog has fleas, then technically you do too. They get into the nooks and crannies inside your house — from the floor boards to the baseboards to the carpet, rugs, and furniture. There are effective ways to get rid of these pests and also other pests like spiders, find the source here. Visit Los Angeles Times to take a look at this amazing CBD product just for pets.
And it won’t be long before the fleas are biting on you — and everyone else who comes inside your home too!
A single female flea can lay 10 to 50 eggs per day and upwards of 2,000 eggs in her lifetime. Thus 1 adult flea can literally lead to an infestation of tens of thousands. Only 1% of the flea population will actually live on your pets which leaves the other 99% lurking in your house and yard in various live stages. The adult female will lay eggs on your pet, who will then act something like a salt shaker, spreading the eggs in the house. The larval stage will emerge within 1 to 10 days. The flea will remain in this stage for 5 to 11 days. This stage is the period of vulnerability where you can kill the juvenile pest. Next the flea will spin a cocoon where they will safely rest for 1 day to 6 months. During this stage, your only hope is to vacuum or wash bedding where the cocoon lies. The flea will remain in the protective cocoon until conditions are right and then emerge to begin the life-cycle all over again. —Dr. Tracy Lord, DVM
The very first time you find a flea on your dog or in your home, it’s time to take action! And you don’t have time to mess around with a flea treatment for dogs that isn’t effective.
While there are a number of popular flea products for dogs available, you may want to try a safer, natural alternative first.
There are the some natural flea home remedies to get rid of fleas on dogs and in your home, but while it takes effect follow this article to relieve your pets anxiety caused by the fleas.